Dwarf Rhododendron Elisabeth Hobbie AGM
- Code: HELIS
- Flower Colour: Red
- Flowering Month: April
- Height After 10 Years: 50-75cm
- Interesting Foliage: No
- Scent: Not Scented
- Hardiness: To -20 °C
Scarlet-red flowers with faint dark red spots in loose trusses. Flowering in April this plant is dense and compact and has wonderful rounded foliage. Height 60-80cm in 10 years.
Dwarf Rhododendrons don’t mind the sun but they hate too much heat, so do avoid reflected heat from South facing walls and patios, particularly if planting in containers. This is a tough plant but it dislikes too much sun.
- Recommended for containers, small gardens and front of borders.
- Easy to grow.
- Ideal position: most garden situations but avoid too much sun.
- Habit: compact.
- Group: Dwarf Rhododendron hybrid.
- Parentage: 'Essex Scarlet' (s) X forrestii subsp. forrestii Repens Group.
- Hybridization date: pre 1950 (1937).
- Bred by: D.G. Hobbie. Origin: German.
- Ideal soil: pH 4.5 to 6.
- RHS Hardiness Rating: H6.
- How we usually propagate this plant: Cutting.
- Awards: RHS Award of Garden Merit.
Write A Review
You must login before you can complete a review