- Code: SYUNN
- Flower Colour: Pink
- Flowering Month: May
- Height After 10 Years: 150-175cm
- Interesting Foliage: No
- Scent: Not Scented
- Hardiness: To -15 °C
A stunning plant with masses of pale pink spotted flowers in May. Very distinctive, this is a large showy plant which is the National flower of Yunnan. It is more tolerant of dry and shady conditions and we would recommend planting in a group for amazing impact. Benefits from pruning and some protection when young. Height 140-160cm in 10 years.
- Recommended for wonderful foliage.
- Easy to grow.
- Ideal position: most garden situations.
- Habit: upright.
- Group: Small Leaved Rhododendron.
- Subsection: Triflora.
- Introduction date: pre 1900 (1889).
- Species distribution: SW Sichuan, W Yunnan, Upper Burma.
- Approximate altitude: 3,350-3,9500m
- Ideal soil: pH 4.5 to 6.
- RHS Hardiness Rating: H5.
- How we usually propagate this plant: Cutting.
Write A Review
You must login before you can complete a review