Wickedly dark red in bud, opening to large deep orange-red flowers in late May and early June. A good mildew resistant plant raised by the old Waterer Nurseries at Knaphill, and introduced by W C Slocock Ltd. This variety makes a real statement and is a must for any garden. Height 150-175cm in 10 years.
- Recommended for stunning flowers.
- Easy to grow.
- Group:Deciduous Azalea (Knaphill hybrid).
- Parentage: unknown.
- Hybridization date: pre 1950 (before 1926).
- Bred by: Waterer (Knap Hill). Origin: British.
- Habit: upright.
- Ideal position: Most garden situations with some sun.
- Ideal soil: pH 4.5 to 6.
- RHS Hardiness Rating: H6.
- How we usually propagate this plant: Cutting.