Lovely large white flowers with a pale greenish yellow eye up to 70mm across, flowering in May. A good bushy plant with a spreading habit and pale green leaves. Height 40-60cm in 10 years. One of the best white azaleas which performs well, and one of our favourites.
- Ideal for containers. Great for cascading over walls.
- Easy to grow.
- Group: Evergreen Azalea (Southern Indica hybrid).
- Parentage: Wadae Group X mucronatum
- Hybridization date: pre 2000 (1957).
- Bred by: Crown Estate Commissioners. Origin: British.
- Habit: Prostrate, creeping.
- Ideal position: Cascading over walls.
- Ideal soil: pH 4.5 to 6.
- RHS Hardiness Rating: H5.
- How we usually propagate this plant: Cutting.
- Awards: RHS AM 1978, AGM 2013.