We adore this plant, having featured it in our Chelsea Gold Medal exhibit in 2009 - it stole the show! It has large trumpet shaped rose pink flowers, which fade to near white in late May completely smothering the plant. She has fine dark foliage with thick buff indumentum below the leaf. One of the best of the larger yak. hybrids. Height 100-120cm in 10 years.
- Ideal for containers and small gardens.
- Easy to grow.
- Group: yakushimanum.
- Parentage: yakushimanum X 'Jalisco Eclipse'.
- Hybridization date: pre 2000 (1958).
- Bred by: Waterer (Bagshot). Origin: British.
- Habit: Compact bushy.
- Ideal position: Dappled shade.
- Ideal soil: pH 4.5 to 6.
- RHS Hardiness Rating: H6.
- How we usually propagate this plant: Cutting.
- Awards: RHS Award of Garden Merit.