Now available on the Inkarho rootstock! Striking bright red buds open to gorgeous rosey pink flowers in late May. A lovely very hardy yakushimanum hybrid that has attractive dark green foliage. Height 75-100cm in 10 years.
Plant with plenty of good ericaceous compost to aid establishment.
- Recommended for: Tough and reliable variety.
- Easy to grow.
- Ideal position: Most garden situations.
- Habit: Dense.
- Group: Hybrid Rhododendron (Inkarho).
- Parentage: 'Sammetglut'(s) X yakushimanum.
- Hybridization date: pre 2000 (1968).
- Bred by: H. Hachmann. Origin: German.
- Ideal soil: pH 4.5 to 7.5.
- RHS Hardiness Rating: H7.
- How we propagate this plant: Graft.