Now available on the Inkarho rootstock! Distinctive frilly edged purple flowers with a darker blotch. This stunner flowers in late May to early June. It is a very tough plant with a great compact habit. We are very keen on this plant because it has proven to be even more reliable than it's parent, Purple Splendour. Height 150cm in 10 years.
Plant with plenty of good ericaceous compost to aid establishment.
- Recommended for: Tough and reliable variety.
- Easy to grow.
- Ideal position: Most garden situations.
- Habit: Dense.
- Group: Hybrid Rhododendron (Inkarho).
- Parentage: 'Nova Zembla' x 'Purple Splendour' X 'Purple Splendour'.
- Hybridization date: pre 2000 (1976).
- Bred by: H. Hachmann. Origin: German.
- Ideal soil: pH 4.5 to 7.5.
- RHS Hardiness Rating: H7.
- How we propagate this plant: Graft.