Now available on the Inkarho rootstock! Stunning red flowers with a paler centre fading to an attractive pink in May. We think this is one of Hachmann's best hybrids and one of our favourites. It has dark foliage with gorgeous woolly indumentum below. Height 100-120cm in 10 years.
Plant with plenty of good ericaceous compost to aid establishment.
- Ideal for containers and small gardens.
- Easy to grow.
- Group: yakushimanum.
- Parentage: 'Mars' (s) X yakushimanum 'Koichiro Wada'
- Hybridization date: pre 2000 (1968).
- Bred by: Hans Hachmann. Origin: German.
- Habit: Compact bushy.
- Ideal position: Dappled shade.
- Ideal soil: pH 4.5 to 7.5.
- RHS Hardiness Rating: H7.
- How we propagate this plant: Graft.
- Awards: RHS Award of Garden Merit.