This is a popular and very showy plant with bright pink flowers and a large strawberry red flare, in a full conical truss. It is free flowering in May to June. Height 150-175cm in 10 years. Furnivalls Daughter can be a bit weak on its own roots, so grafting onto the Inkarho rootstock is ideal.
Plant with plenty of good ericaceous compost to aid establishment.
- Recommended for: showy flowers.
- Easy to grow.
- Ideal position: Dappled shade.
- Habit: Dense.
- Group: Hybrid Rhododendron.
- Parentage: seedling from selfed 'Mrs Furnivall'.
- Hybridization date: unknown (registered 1958).
- Bred by: Waterer (Knap Hill). Origin: British.
- Ideal soil: pH 4.5 to 7.5
- RHS Hardiness Rating: H5.
- How we usually propagate this plant: Graft.
- Awards: RHS Award of Garden Merit.