NEW. Now on the Inkarho rootstock! Very attractive plant that has pretty frilled edge, wide open lilac flowers that are paler in the centre with a prominent wine-red blotch. It flowers in late May to early June. From Hachmann's Nursery in Northern Germany, it is very hardy to -24C. A great tough compact plant that will grow wider than tall. Height 140-160cm in 10 years.
Also known as 'Hachmann's Kabarett'.
- Recommended for: Tough plant with a striking flower.
- Easy to grow.
- Ideal position: Most garden situations.
- Habit: Dense.
- Group: Hybrid Rhododendron.
- Parentage: 'Hyperion' (s) X 'Hachmann's Diadem'.
- Hybridization date: pre 2000 (1984).
- Bred by: H. Hachmann. Origin: German.
- Ideal soil: pH 4.5 to 7.5
- RHS Hardiness Rating: H7.
- How we usually propagate this plant: Graft.