Now available on the Inkarho rootstock! This lovely plant is red in bud, opening to ruby pink flowers with ruffled darker edges. It fades to pale rose pink with greenish yellow spots in May. It has a compact habit and dark shiny leaves with thin brown indumentum on the underside. Height 80-100cm in 10 years.
Plant with plenty of good ericaceous compost to aid establishment.
- Ideal for containers and small gardens.
- Easy to grow.
- Group: yakushimanum.
- Parentage: 'Morgenrot' (s) X 'Mars' x yakushimanum 'Koichiro Wada'
- Hybridization date: pre 2000 (1969).
- Bred by: Hans Hachmann. Origin: German.
- Habit: Compact bushy.
- Ideal position: Dappled shade.
- Ideal soil: pH 4.5 to 7.5.
- RHS Hardiness Rating: H7.
- How we propagate this plant: Graft.