Gorgeous pink bell-shaped flowers shaded orange in June which has medium-dark green leaves with a light indumentum on the underside. This is Waterer's later flowering version of Fabia which is much pinker, but extends the flowering period with the same delightful characteristics. Again best in light shade. Height 140-160cm in 10 years.
- Recommended for: pretty flowers and great foliage.
- Plantsman range.
- Ideal position: Dappled shade.
- Habit: Open.
- Group: Hybrid Rhododendron.
- Parentage: dichroanthum (s) X griersonianum.
- Hybridization date: pre 2000 (1988).
- Bred by: Waterer (Bagshot). Origin: British.
- Ideal soil: pH 4.5 to 6.
- RHS Hardiness Rating: H5.
- How we usually propagate this plant: Cutting.