Striking frilled lavender pink flowers with a prominent wine red blotch. Flowering in May this lovely plant has glossy green leaves. It is a dense plant that grows wider than tall. Height 140-160cm in 10 years.
- Recommended for: Striking flower.
- Easy to grow.
- Ideal position: Most garden situations.
- Habit: Dense.
- Group: Hybrid Rhododendron.
- Parentage: 'Humboldt' (s) X 'Direktor E. Hjelm'.
- Hybridization date: pre 2000 (1957).
- Bred by: H. Hachmann. Origin: German.
- Ideal soil: pH 4.5 to 6.
- RHS Hardiness Rating: H7.
- How we usually propagate this plant: Graft.