Fine large bright scarlet flowers with darker spots. Flowering in early May it has thick dark green foliage on a tall upright plant. Markeetas Prize is one of the best reds available but we do recommend partial shade to prevent the blooms from fading. Height 150-180cm in 10 years.
This is a great tough plant that is ideal for hedging and screening.
- Recommended for: One of the best reds.
- Easy to grow.
- Ideal position: Most garden situations.
- Habit: Dense.
- Group: Hybrid Rhododendron.
- Parentage: 'Loderi Venus' X 'Anna'.
- Hybridization date: pre 2000 (1968).
- Bred by: Markeeta Nursery. Origin: American.
- Ideal soil: pH 4.5 to 6.
- RHS Hardiness Rating: H5.
- How we usually propagate this plant: Cutting.
- Awards: RHS Award of Garden Merit.