NEW! Mauve flowers in late May. We think this is the best variegated rhododendron available. It has eye catching foliage, with a bright bold golden yellow flash in the centre of the leaf. The variegation is much more stable than other varieties, and it rarely reverts to green. Height 125-150cm in 10 years.
- Recommended for: Variegated foliage.
- Easy to grow.
- Ideal position: Dappled shade.
- Habit: Dense.
- Group: Hybrid Rhododendron.
- Parentage: unknown.
- Hybridization date: unknown.
- Bred by: unknown. Origin: British - a variegated sport found on a Rhododendron Nursery in Norfolk.
- Ideal soil: pH 4.5 to 6.
- RHS Hardiness Rating: H5.
- How we usually propagate this plant: Graft (some cuttings).