This yakushimanum hybrid has lovely reddish buds which open to rose pink campanulate flowers in late May. It has fabulous yellowish orange indumentum on the underside of the leaves and the new leaf growth has striking silvery indumentum. Height 80-100cm in 10 years.
- Ideal for containers and small gardens.
- Easy to grow.
- Group: yakushimanum.
- Parentage: Grosclaude Group x 'Britannia' (s) X yakushimanum 'Koichiro Wada'.
- Hybridization date: pre 2000 (1970).
- Bred by: James A. Elliott Origin: American.
- Habit: Compact bushy.
- Ideal position: Dappled shade.
- Ideal soil: pH 4.5 to 6.
- RHS Hardiness Rating: H5.
- How we usually propagate this plant: Micro propagation.