This is another of our favourites - lovely red buds open to large pale yellow flowers with pink tones and a small vivid red flare. Flowering in May this is an exceptional hybrid with a strong growing habit, it is dense and compact and has fabulous deep green foliage. Height 150-180cm in 10 years, slightly wider than it is in height.
As with all yellow Rhododendrons, this plant does need good drainage (but not dry conditions!). Can be used for hedging and screening.
- Recommended for: stunning yellow flowers.
- Plantsman range.
- Ideal position: Dappled shade, needs careful site selection.
- Habit: Dense.
- Group: Hybrid Rhododendron.
- Parentage: 'Nancy Evans' X 'Point Defiance'.
- Hybridization date: pre 2000 (1981).
- Bred by: E. C. Brockenbrough. Origin: American.
- Ideal soil: pH 4.5 to 6.
- RHS Hardiness Rating: H5.
- How we usually propagate this plant: Graft.
- Awards: RHS Award of Garden Merit.