This is an amazing free flowering plant with the darkest red flowers and deep green upright foliage. In our opinion it is one of the best deep red Rhododendrons and one of our favourites. Height 140-160cm in 10 years.
It will take a fair amount of sun, but the flowers won't last so long. Dappled shade is best, but not recommended for deep shade.
- Recommended for: gorgeous red flowers.
- Easy to grow.
- Ideal position: Most garden situations, dappled shade.
- Habit: Dense.
- Group: Hybrid.
- Parentage: 'The Honourable Jean Marie de Montague' X 'Leo'.
- Hybridization date: pre 2000 (1982).
- Bred by: H. E. Greer. Origin: American.
- Ideal soil: pH 4.5 to 6.
- RHS Hardiness Rating: H5.
- How we usually propagate this plant: Cutting.