Available on the Inkarho rootstock! Lilac purple opening to lilac and flowering in April-May. It has fragrant flowers on a plant of neat compact growth with attractive shiney leaves. Height 125-150cm in 10 years. This one is ideal for hedging and screening. The German translation of Dufthecke is fragrant hedge!
Plant with plenty of good ericaceous compost to aid establishment.
- Recommended for: Hedging/screening and fragrance.
- Easy to grow.
- Ideal position: Most garden situations.
- Habit: Dense.
- Group: Hybrid Rhododendron.
- Parentage: fortunei (s) X 'Cunningham's White' (Registered as Rhodunter 149). This is the registered parentage, but it does seem unlikely that such pale parents could make such a lilac flower!
- Hybridization date: pre 2000 (1980).
- Bred by: W. Preil & R. Ebbinghaus. Origin: German.
- Tolerant of neutral soil.
- Ideal soil: pH 4 to 7.5.
- RHS Hardiness Rating: H7.
- How we propagate this plant: Graft.